What Is PVC Roofing?
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a thermoplastic roofing membrane. It is placed over existing roofing to form a durable waterproof and ultraviolet-resistant surface. Geo Roofing is the Valley’s expert roofing contractor for laying PVC roofing in Phoenix. This cost-effective membrane creates remarkable protection for roofs in Phoenix, AZ, which makes it a popular choice for both residential and commercial roofs.
How PVC Roofing Works
Most PVC roofing systems are mechanically fastened with screws and plates. The seams of the system are overlapped and then welded together. When the single-ply is welded, the material temporarily changes from a solid to a semisolid state, enabling the sheets that are overlapped to be fused together and return to a solid-state upon cooling. This process produces one continuous waterproof membrane.
Because they are lightweight, PVC roofing membranes can often be installed over a dark built-up roof on an existing building, eliminating the need to dispose of old roofing into landfills. Additionally, property owners with PVC roofing membranes typically pay less for roof repairs due to the longevity and reliability of the material.
PVC Roofing Contractors in Phoenix, Arizona
The Benefits of PVC Single-Ply Roofing Membranes Are Numerous:
- Energy Efficient: PVC roofs reflect 90% of UV heat rays, which will reduce expensive cooling costs during the summer.
- No future roof coating requirements.
- Little to no maintenance is required for PVC roofs.
- Meets Energy Star standards.
- Not affected by pooling water.
- Lifetime non-prorated residential material warranty on some systems.
- Up to 25-year material and labor non-prorated commercial warranties.
- Warranty Transfer: Up to 25-year material transferability to the next owner on some systems.
- Insulating Qualities: Additional rigid insulation can be installed under the PVC to increase efficiency and R-Value.
- Colors: PVC roofs come in a variety of different colors.
- Details: All details (i.e. pipes, vents, skylights, drains, A/C units) are welded to the field membrane to ensure watertight seals.
Geo Roofing’s contractors have the experience and know-how to install PVC roofing. Having years of experience applying this weather-resistant membrane to roofs in the Phoenix, AZ metro area has made us a trusted name in PVC roofing installation.