PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a thermoplastic roofing membrane. It is placed over existing roofing to form a durable waterproof and ultraviolet-resistant surface. Geo Roofing is the Valley’s expert company for laying PVC roofing in Phoenix. This cost-effective membrane creates a remarkable protection for roofing in Phoenix, AZ, making it a popular choice for residential and commercial roofs.
How PVC Roofing Works
Most PVC Roofing systems are mechanically fastened with screws and plates. The seams are overlapped and then welded. When the single-ply is welded, the material temporarily changes from a solid to a semisolid state, enabling the sheets that are overlapped to be fused together and return to a solid upon cooling, producing one continuous waterproof membrane.
Because it is lightweight, PVC Roofing membranes can often be installed over a dark built-up roof on an existing building, eliminating the need to dispose of old roofing into landfills.
PVC Roofing Contractor
The benefits of PVC single-ply are numerous:
- Energy Efficient – Reflecting 90% of UV heat rays will reduce expensive cooling costs
- No future roof coating requirements
- Very little if NO MAINTENANCE is required
- Meets Energy Star standards
- Not effected by pooling water
- Lifetime non-prorated residential material warranty on some systems
- Up to 25-year material and labor non-prorated commercial warranties
- Warranty Transfer – Up to 25-year material transferability to the next owner on some systems
- Insulating Qualities – Additional rigid insulation can be installed under the PVC to increase efficiency and R-Value
- Colors – Comes in a variety of different colors
- Details – All details i.e. pipes, vents, skylights, drains, A/C units are welded to the field membrane to ensure watertight details
Geo Roofing’s contractors have the experience and know how to install PVC roofing. Having years of experience applying this weather resistant membrane to roofs in the Phoenix, AZ Metro area has made us a trusted name in PVC roofing installation.